Earlier in September, Angels Senior Living implemented new state of Florida guidelines requiring us to take steps to ensure our communities are safe going forward, and that visitors understand their obligations to help us protect our staff and residents. To meet these sizable requirements, Angels Senior Living employed booking and educational software to control the number of visitors at any given time, and provide them with the training necessary to enroll them as Compassionate Caregivers, one of the designations provided by the state. We are using this same system to safely reincorporate in-person tours. Please read the following carefully!
Important state of Florida guidelines to consider
When building this system, we There are a few other important notes to cover before you can start scheduling your visits.
- State of Florida guidelines also require us to limit the number of visitors in our communities to what our staff can handle
- We must perform symptom checks upon your arrival and conduct general supervision to ensure you adhere to PPE guidelines
- You must inform us if you have contracted COVID-19 or any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 throughout your visits
These requirements are tough but necessary to protect our communities. Let’s jump into how to schedule your visit.
How to schedule your tour during COVID-19 and what to expect
To facilitate this process and let our staff focus on you, we’re rolling out an online booking portal that will allow you to select times to visit your loved ones. As part of the state of Florida’s guidelines, we are also requiring you to prepare for your visit with a short course on COVID-19, infection control, and PPE protocols. It’s a similar training to the ones we give our staff, who receive in-services every week to protect your loved ones. This training will also enable you to visit as either a General Visitor or Compassionate Caregiver, in the event we must close our facility due to an isolated case of COVID-19.
To book your visit and get started with your training, simply:
- Visit https://angelsseniorliving.com/visit-a-resident/
- After you choose your community, employee, and fill out the form, you will be emailed a link to our training portal, where you will log in, reset your password, and get started on your automatically enrolled course
- This course consists of education on infection control policies, state of Florida and Angels Senior Living guidelines, social distancing, PPE, and more
- The appointment you make will be automatically approved, but if you do not complete the course, you may be denied admission
- Special considerations are available on a case-by-case basis for visitors with no computer access or experience
- Please do not book too many appointments close together, or too far in advance, in consideration of other families – limiting yourself to three (3) is a good rule of thumb
Once you finish the course, you’ll be given a short, simple quiz on the subject matter to confirm you understand your obligations to protect our community. After you pass that quiz, you’ll receive a certificate that will also act as your consent form, which is also required by the state of Florida. Please bring this certificate with you on your first visit. Once you complete your course and quiz and get a certificate, your visits will be fully approved and you’ll be able to join us in our community.
Through this portal, you’ll be able to seamlessly book your visits in advance, reschedule your bookings, and learn more about what we’ll need from you to protect our residents, staff, and each other. We’ll communicate with you every step of the way so that you know when you’re ready to visit your loved one.
Please send any feedback or issues you run into with this booking system to (877) 480-2244 or [email protected]. This is designed to limit our visitors at any given time to what our staff can manage, and give you the information you need to help us protect our residents, your loved ones. It also enrolls you as a Compassionate Caregiver in the event of a facility closure. Updates about our COVID-19 response are available at AngelsSeniorLiving.com, including a detailed explanation of this system.