Assisted Living: How Can I Afford This?
Arranging for a parent or loved one to move into an assisted living facility can prove to be both emotionally and financially taxing. Here are a few tips on how you can improve the cost of assisted living.
- Take the time to do research. – Make sure that you and your loved one have time to thoroughly evaluate and tour many assisted living facilities before deciding on one. Research these facilities to ensure that this is the right fit for your loved one. It is important that you find the right facility the first time, as moving can end up costing quite a bit. Doing your due diligence in visiting the facilities, talking to staff members, and reviewing the contract can help you save in the long run.
- Get personalized advice. – Making the final decision on a facility can be quite difficult. It is a good idea to have an advisor who can help you make this important decision.
- Consider different care types. – What kind of care is the correct choice for your loved one? For some, assisted living is an absolute must, but for others At Home Senior Care may be a better option.
- Do you have long-term insurance or veteran’s benefits? – For those who cannot afford the cost of assisted living out of their own pocket, Medicare, Medicaid, or private insurance may help out. Those who have purchased long-term care insurance or even life insurance may be able to be helped financially as well. If your loved one or his/her spouse was in the Armed Forces, he or she may be eligible for financial benefits through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. This can help offset the costs of senior care.
- Apply for assisted living programs. – The two best options for paying for senior care is through the Medicaid Managed Long Term Care program and the VA Aid and Attendance program that is attained by serving in a war. Both of these programs can take a while to process, so it is important that they should be researched and started quite early in the process.
At Angels Senior Living, we offer the best care to seniors from all walks of life. Our goal is to provide the happiness and rest that every senior deserves, no matter their income. We encourage the utilization of all financial aid programs so that all seniors may get the help that they require.
To find out more about paying for assisted living and help with funding, contact our team today at (877) 480-2244 or via our contact us page. Our front office facility teams are available to answer your questions and concerns.